Myspace revisited

I'm taking the plunge again and heading back into the madness that is Myspace. I've had an account for over a year, and it's been months since I checked it, but recently a lot of writers have been joining the ranks, so I thought it couldn't hurt to reinvestigate Myspace.

I've customized my page so it's not so boring, and I'm currently going out and friending the authors/people I know. If you find me before I find you, please feel free to friend me. I haven't decided if I'll mirror my blog on myspace or not. I'm terrible about mirroring to my LiveJounal account, so I can't imagine I'll be very good at remembering to mirror THREE blogs. What do those of you with myspace accounts do? Do you mirror all your posts, just the really important/informative ones, x-post none sticking to only one blog, or do you make separate posts for your different sites? (Okay that last one makes me cringe even thinking about it.)

I also haven't figured out exactly what to do with a myspace page. Right now I'm doing the fan girl thing and seaching out authors I read (or those I'm waiting to read like a lot of members of Fangs Fur and Fae.) And I'm friending people I talk to on loops or in chapters. If/once I'm published, I hope that myspace will be a way to reach out to readers, but right now, I'm not sure what to do with it. What do you like about other peoples' sites/blogs/myspace? What can a non-published writer do/talk about that you find interesting?

Speaking of both interesting things and Myspace. I found the coolest slideshow maker that I linked to my site. Tell me what you think! (You can make your own here.)




Well, off to get some real work done. Happy Monday everyone!

Comments

Rachel Vincent said…
I don't post on MySpace anywhere near as often as I do on Blogger and LJ. I mostly use it for announcements. But I guess it's working. Can't tell for sure, because I can't get a state counter on it.
off-da-page said…
My Space seem like a job within itself... one day, soon I may create a My Space, I do know it's a great way to network. I'm still trying to get use to blogging.
Kalayna Price said…
Hey Rachel,
I didn't know you couldn't put a stat counter on Myspace--I'll have to look into finding one that will work. Using it only for announcements is a good idea. (Of course, I don't really have anything to announce yet!)

Hey off-da-page,
I joined myspace for the networking opportunities, too--we will see how it goes. I don't know about getting used to blogging, but I can say your blog looks great! I love your banner.
Thanks for stopping by and commenting.
Anonymous said…
I've found Myspace to be kind of useless. I signed up to network with other writers, now I only use it to keep in touch with some old friends.

Myspace is a good tool if you are a musician...for writers, not so good.
Kalayna Price said…
Hey Fred,

Yes, that was my first impression of Myspace too. I dropped it for almost a year, but this time I'm taking a different approach.
Last time I spent a lot of time on forums and such--which I quickly learned was a hostile place.
This time... Well, I guess honestly I don't know what I'll do with it this time. We will see how it goes. LOL

Popular posts from this blog

GRAVE WAR is here!

What's Next?

GRAVE DANCE Contest and extended excerpt!