Not exactly unloved.

I just received a very, very nice rejection filled with helpful comments and suggestions. I'd promised myself I wouldn't rewrite/revise DH again, but my agent encouraged me to. She says I'm on the brink, and that the ms has *almost* sold twice as is. So, I'm putting my other two project on hold for a few weeks and diving back into this story again.

I'm really starting to have a love hate relationship with this book. Having finished first drafts of several projects since initially writing DH, it is starting to look like a lopsided sweater by a first time knitter. I guess it is good I can see that, but at times I'm not sure if I can fix it without unraveling the entire thing. The book already only marginally resembles what I first queried my agent with, and this rewrite promises to be extensive. Hopefully that means it is getting better.

Well, off to work.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hopefully that means it is getting better.

It does. My book went through two huge rewrites before Tor made the offer. And by the end of the second one, I was so sick of reading it I sometimes wanted to scream. But it was worth it. Don't give up, dear!
Kalayna Price said…
Thanks Misty! Some days I really understand the phrase "Revision Hell"

Popular posts from this blog

GRAVE WAR is here!

The Revision Game, Part one--2nd drafts: The Big Picture

What's Next?