New Projects

I've been silent for a little while. Sometimes the days just slip away.

In the interim, my computer has come home and I finished the major rewrite I've been working on. My wonderful agent really put a fire under me to finish that last one. I'd told her it was almost ready, and as she'd seen an earlier draft of the MS and happened to be on the phone with an editor who asked "What else do you have", she pitched the story. I didn't get a chance to agonize over the last few chapters, (because that is what I've been doing, agonizing over every last word--not so productive. lol) or send the chapters to my CP. So, currently I'm not opening the file because I really don't want to see if there are things I missed. It's gone, and probably on the editors desk by now. Who knows how long it will be there, so its best for my nerves to forget about it.

Now it's time to sit back and wait.

And by wait I mean start a new project. Over the last couple days, I've been world-building and learning about some new characters that have been puttering around the back of my head. Once I've got an idea of who everyone is and a solid picture of the world, I'll pull the sticky notes from my last story off the wall and start working out plot. I have a couple of ideas already, so I can't wait to get into this! It will also be great to be writing fresh material again--its been a couple months.

What is everyone else working on?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GRAVE WAR is here!

The Revision Game, Part one--2nd drafts: The Big Picture

What's Next?