Digging Back In

After a couple days pursuing shinies, knocking books off my TBR, and controlling the lives of computer animated people (SIMS 3,) I am finally ready to dig into revisions. I'm reading over my words, and I don't completely hate them (or at least, not all of them) so that is a good thing.

I'm trying something new this revision session. Instead of tackling the book in a large word document, I've broken it up in Scrinver and will be using the program's organizational tools to see if it helps me in my second draft. This program includes neat little things like a cork board view of the story (chapters or scenes listed on note cards,) a keyword tracker, and a place to keep notes and research in the same file. I'm looking forward to trying it out. So far so good, but I've only just scratched the surface. We will see how it goes.

While breaking up the book into scenes and chapters, I noticed something strange: Chapter twelve appeared twice in my numbering system (different content--same title) and there was no chapter 6 at all. I got a good laugh out of that one. Ever have a silly mistake like that show up in your first draft?

Well, there is a lot to do, so it's time to get serious. Have a great weekend everyone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GRAVE WAR is here!

The Revision Game, Part one--2nd drafts: The Big Picture

What's Next?