What's on your TBR?

Writers are readers, first and foremost. A love of reading is what drives most of us to write and to create stories for others to read and enjoy. So, once in a while I like talk about books on my To Be Read (TBR) pile.

Before I go on, I have to say that 'pile' is a rather deceptive word. Try TBR bookshelf. Stacked 2 books thick. I'd post a picture, but I'm almost embarrassed by all the books I want to read but haven't had time yet. There are tons of great books hitting shelves, and I just can't keep up. But that doesn't mean I'm not hugely excited about the books, and Amazon just sent me two new releases I absolutely can't wait to dive into.

The newest additions to the TBR pile? Magic Slays by Ilona Andrews and Hunt the Moon by Karen Chance. Ironically, both are the 5th books in their respective series--series I absolutely adore! I think both books will be skipping to the front of the TBR pile, so all I have to decide is which to read first. ^_~

So what are you reading?

Comments

Vickie said…
Bedside book: SIXTY-ONE NAILS - Mike Shevdon, fantasy

Purse book: HARD DAY'S FRIGHT: Pepper Martin Mystery - Casey Daniels, paranormal cozy

BOCD for the commute: LIFE - Keith Richards, autobiography, narr by Johnny Depp (yum)
The Queen B said…
I've read and reviewed both and they are awesome. Strongest entries in each series. Enjoy!
SJ Drum said…
Shadow Walker by Allyson James and Hit List by Laurell K. Hamilton are the two books I'm looking forward to reading soon.

I just read a book that wasn't all that great and need a palate cleanser for my brain. I'm thinking Shadow Walker will work nicely!
Tyhitia Green said…
I just got done with THE LONG WALK by Stephen King writing as Richard Bachman. Now I'm reading HALFWAY TO THE GRAVE by Jeaniene Frost.

I haven't started the Ilona Andrews series yet, but I've heard great things about it.

Next, I'll be reading HEART-SHAPED BOX by Joe Hill. :-D
Mardel said…
I'm right there with you on bookshelves of books to be read. some of them by favorite authors, too!

I did just finish Magic Slays and it's every bit as good as the last few....however there's one part that will hit you like a....well like an algebra lesson! LOL
Ailyzon said…
I just got done with both books! They're awesome.
Simon said…
Since almost all the books I read come from the library. Here is the list of what I have out at the moment.
Pale demon
by Harrison, Kim
(read)

The pretender's crown
by Murphy, C. E. (Catie E.)

The queen's bastard
by Murphy, C. E. (Catie E.)

The return of Santiago
by Resnick, Michael D.
(reading)

River marked
by Briggs, Patricia
(read)

Spell games
by Pratt, Tim, 1976-
I also recently read the P.C. Hogdell's Kencyrath series. I had "Dark of the Moon" in my bookshelf and I had read it before but decided that it needed reading again.
Louise said…
This week I have read the Ilona Andrews and Allyson James stories in Hexed. As well as Shadow Walker by Allyson James, Eternal Kiss of Darkness by Jeaniene Frost, and started Destined for an Early Grave by Jeaniene Frost. Phew, and it's only Thursday. :D
Mary said…
I just read "Magic Slays" and loved it!

On my TBR is...

"Hexes and Hemlines - A Witchcraft Mystery" by Juliet Blackwell
(I loved the first two books in this series!!!)
Van Pham said…
just finished Late Eclipse by Seanan McGuire and am currently reading Hexed by Kevin Hearne.

I too have Magic Slays in my TBR pile :P
The Queen B said…
Just finished Grave Dance this weekend. I can't wait for more! LOL
Anonymous said…
Kalayna, I too have a TBR bookshelf. I'm currently reading The Restorer by Amanda Stevens - very good book so far.

I have a present for you over at my blog: http://chergreen.blogspot.com/

Popular posts from this blog

GRAVE WAR is here!

The Revision Game, Part one--2nd drafts: The Big Picture

What's Next?