RoundCon This Weekend!

I know I mentioned RoundCon a few posts back, but I'm giving it another post just in case you are in the area and want to come, but maybe forgot or missed the first post. (Besides, it's not like I'm exactly clogging the blogsphere with posts right now--deadlines and some aspects of my personal life are killing me at the moment, but I'll start blogging regularly as soon as I get caught up on everything. Promise. You'd rather books than blogs, right?)

Anyway, RoundCon 2011.1 starts TODAY. The writer's track is new for 2011, so if you're in the Columbia area and want to hear professionals from all different walks of publishing--from nationally bestselling to small press to self published--talk about writing, craft, the business, the market, and I'm sure any topics  you guys might desire us to discuss please make plans to come check out the Con. Seriously, we have several great tracks lined up, but if there is a topic you'd like to know more about or hear our take on (as it relates to writing) we will most likely be more than happy to indulge you. This is a small con, so it's the perfect time to really grill the attending professionals. Besides, writers spend most of their time alone with their keyboards, so when you get us out in public, we sometimes forget to shut-up. ^_^

A full schedule of panels is up on the con website, but here is my official schedule

Friday:

  • Detectives & Mysteries -- 7pm
  • Sex & Violence - Writing Emotional Action Scenes -- 8pm
Saturday:  
  • Writing a Series -- 1pm
  • The New World of Publishing -- 6pm
Sunday:
  • World-Building --11 am
  • Tension - Build it or Break it? -- 1pm

When not on panels, I will likely be hanging out at my table (unless the hotel has a bar and you guys would like to buy me a drink *hint hint* ^_^ ). No, seriously, I have a table for the event which I will be sharing with the fabulous Rachel Aaron.  I'll have free swag, candy, books to sell/autograph, and I might even bring some of the t-shirts I have left over from dragon. If you don't get all your questions answered in a panel, please feel free to stop by the table and chat with us--we don't want to sit there all by our lonesomes. Stop by, chat, pick up free stuff--can't beat that, right?

Okay, I'll stop rambling now. I hope to see you at the Con!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GRAVE WAR is here!

The Revision Game, Part one--2nd drafts: The Big Picture

What's Next?