New website design up (again)

The new design is up and in record time considering I finished painting the 'focus' graphic Monday and worked my way up from scratch starting there. I'm hoping too many hours staring at code is the reason my screen looks blurry and not that my colors are glaring.

While I'm thrilled to get this design up (I think I actually might not hate it tomorrow...wouldn't that be grand?) but I probably pushed all my time into it because I'm frustrated and avoiding another project...one I'm theoretically getting paid for.

I cut the rant I just wrote because no one really needs to hear it. On the upside, I have a site redesign that I actually put effort and time into, so no longer is my site the cobbler's bare-foot child. (Hopefully...)

So, what is everyone else up to? The romantic times convention is coming up fast. I know a couple of people going, and I really wish I could, but I doubt I'll go to any cons this year. Maybe next year. Those of you who have been to the big cons before, what are they all about? Is it worthwhile to go before you're published, or are cons more about promoting books already or soon to be on the shelf?

Comments

Rachel Vincent said…
This will be my third year at RT and my second post-sale trip. I have yet to go with a book on the shelf, so I can't speak about that. But I think the workshops have more to offer the unpublished authors. There are plenty of promo options avaliable for published authors, but with out the readers, there would be no one to promote to.
Kalayna Price said…
Ah, I've never been to a 'real' convention. The only thing even similar that I've attended is a local book festival, and that is almost exclusively promo type stuff (authors on panels reading a chapter of their books and such.) Definitely not something I would pay hundreds of dollars or drive hundreds of miles to attend. I'll have to look up what kind of workshops the big conventions like RT and National have.

Popular posts from this blog

GRAVE WAR is here!

The Revision Game, Part one--2nd drafts: The Big Picture

What's Next?