Halloween!

Happy Halloween Everyone!

Halloween has to be one of my favorite holidays. I enjoy seeing all the kids in their costumes, I love that everyone is talking about the things that go bump in the night, (I love eating candy,) and most of all, I love dressing up.

I will use about any excuse to dress up, so as this is my first Halloween at my current work place, I asked around trying to determine if the other ladies in my office would be showing up in costume. They said they would dress up "a little." You know, something they could remove quickly if needed.

That probably means witch hats or something, right?

I tried to plan accordingly. I have a trunk full of costumes, wigs, and other 'dress-up' accessories. I thought it safer not to go overboard, so I chose a costume that could be easily transformed into 'normal' clothing and showed up as a black cat. Okay, a black cat with fuchsia hair, but come one, I need to have a little fun, right?

Wouldn't you know, NO ONE in my office showed up in costume, except me. One woman wore a vest with pumpkins on it, but that was it for Halloween dress-up. *sigh* Luckily, my office is only a small part of a large library, so other people in the library did dress up. I didn't disassemble the outfit, but went through the full day as a bright-haired black cat. I got a lot of compliments, a lot of double-takes, and strangely enough several pictures snapped of me. All and all it was fun.

The pictures here my husband took on his cell phone, so not the greatest in the world, but here is me in my costume. Later tonight I'll be handing out candy, and then, in about oh...7 more hours NaNoWriMo official begins. I'm excited!!

Anyone have special plans for this Halloween? Anyone else dressing up?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GRAVE WAR is here!

The Revision Game, Part one--2nd drafts: The Big Picture

What's Next?