Hard Decisions

I've been silent for a couple weeks, and I apologize. Lots of stuff has been happening on my side, writing and otherwise. Among other things, I've recently been mulling over a very difficult decision. It's one of those things I don't want to jump into (or out off) blindly. That said, I think I've finally made my choice. Now just to take a deep breath and follow through with it. Wish me luck!

In other news, because I haven't updated recently, you'll notice I passed my short story 'goal' by about 1k. You might be thinking that means I wrote THE END.

Well, I didn't.

I realized after I hit the 15k point, and I was only about half way through my plot. So, I started looking at the main line because well, I'm pretty sure I could write longer. What I learned was that the story was way, WAY, off what either line wanted. (See what I get for trying to write outside my genre and targeting a line?) I seriously considered scrapping it after that realization, but of course, even when I give up on things, my subconscious keep working on it. Two days ago, when I wasn't supposed to be working on the short at all, I suddenly realized several major things I could change that would bring it back in line. Now I just need to decide if I should start over without finishing the first draft (a terrible backslide into bad habits) or keep working, pretending like I made the changes already (which might get really really confusing as these are drastic changes.) What would you do?

This post is starting to run a little long, so I'll tell you about Fast Draft next time. Until then...Happy Tuesday, and Happy Earth Day everyone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GRAVE WAR is here!

The Revision Game, Part one--2nd drafts: The Big Picture

What's Next?