Over Packed

Moonlight and Magnolia begins tomorrow, and fellow Tri-Mu Tori and I will be driving to Atlanta together shortly. I'm (over)packed, everything is loaded in the car, and I am now half an hour from my house and sitting in Tori's living room. And, besides blogging, what am I doing? I'm worrying about what I might have forgotten.

Over packing is not a trait common to me. I have a personal rule that I will only pack as much as I can carry in one trip, and I don't like being bogged down. I'm a master of rolling clothing, don't need a lot of accessories or upkeep products, like all purpose footwear, and my bulkiest items are typically my laptop and a stuffed tiger I sleep with.

That isn't the case for this trip.

I've never been to an RWA conference, and everyone I've talked to has reiterated the need to be professional every time I step out of the hotel room. I'm not sure how professional, so I packed my suits (which means a garment bag so they don't wrinkle--this had to be borrowed.) But what if a suit is over the top? I also packed business casual clothing. Oh and then there is the awards banquet, which means a cocktail dress.

My poor husband had to play fashion consultant with me as I packed. I'm not on top of fashion. I don't wear tennis shoes with dresses or anything, but I do wear a pair of beat up timberland boots with everything. Hey they are black and pant legs cover the laces--they look professional, right? Apparently not. My husband went through my box of (forgotten) shoes and matched them with outfits. This means I'm bringing four pairs of shoes for a three day conference.

Four. I didn't even know I owned four pairs of dress shoes.

I'm pushing the limit of what I can carry, luckily one bag is on wheels. I can only hope this over packing thing doesn't become chronic, and that in the mess of over packing, I didn't forget anything important.

Well, I'm beyond being able to double check. Time to stop worrying and get going.

Have a great weekend everyone! I'll post an update on the conference when I come back.

Comments

It's sad that you need your husband to match shoes to dresses....

But cool that he was game for it.

Popular posts from this blog

GRAVE WAR is here!

The Revision Game, Part one--2nd drafts: The Big Picture

What's Next?