A writing soundtrack

(X-posted at the Tri Mu blog.)

I know I've posted on the topic of music before, but well, I'm a massive consumer of music so I'm going to talk about it again. I'm not a fan silence (unless I'm trying to sleep) so if you run into me, you'll probably find I have wires running from my ipod to my brain ears.

Now, as a musicwhore consumer of music, it is a bit of an understatement to say I have a large music library. My tastes are diverse and I can get a little itunes happy once in a while, so I'm pretty sure if you hit shuffle on my library the auditory experience will be the equivalent of living inside a schizophrenic's brain. (Side rant: Shake to shuffle is NOT a feature on the ipod nano--it's a menace. Anyone know how to turn it off? /rant)

Recently I've been on a Darkwave/Industrial kick. I have a manuscript due, uh, tomorrow, and I have a good power mix playing that has been great for this last push of revisions. Here are a list of the bands in the mix:

The Cruxshadows (of course)
The Birthday Massacre
Ayria
Emilie Autumn
I:Scintilla
One-eyed Doll

So what are you listening to? Do you have a 'soundtrack' for certain activities?

Comments

marsman57 said…
Shake can be disabled in two ways to prevent accidental activation of the feature:

Setting the hold switch on the top of the iPod nano to on.
Turning off the Shake feature by choosing Settings > Playback on iPod nano.


Source: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2907

P.S. Got my bookmark the other day. It is safely resting in my copy of "Once Bitten" now. Thanks again! :)
Since I write fiction and post it for free reading I guess I gravitate toward the same amateur sort of artists for my music soundtracks. I like Andreas "Amok" Janke at amok-dot-ziphoid-dot-com. I also pick tracks that suit my mood from the thousands at remix-dot-kwed-dot-org.
Kalayna Price said…
Woot! Brandon you're my hero! Glad the bookmark arrived safely (I don't have the best history with USPS.) Enjoy!

Hi W.Robinson! Thanks for stopping by. I will have to check out the site. I'm always on the hunt for new music. ^_^ thanks!
Tyhitia Green said…
I pull out my CD's. It depends on what mood I'm in. I can go for My Chemical Romance and Evanescence, or Biggie or some gospel. It depends on what I feel. I've been kinda blocked lately. Trying to get out of my slump. :-D
Unknown said…
I usually end up listening to the same couple of random albums over and over while I'm working on a project. They very rarely have any connection to the story, but somehow my crazy Muse latches onto them. With Aundroma, it was Matchbox Twenty and the Ting Tings. While I roughed out the first draft of Familiar, I listened almost exclusively to the soundtracks for Wicked and Dr. Horrible's Sing-A-Long Blog.

Popular posts from this blog

GRAVE WAR is here!

The Revision Game, Part one--2nd drafts: The Big Picture

What's Next?