RoundCon Wrap Up

RoundCon has come to a close. Cons seem to go by so fast, but then you know what they say about time and fun. ^_^

With Misty Massey and Faith Hunter at our table
This was the first year RoundCon featured a creative track, and anything new takes a bit to catch on. During a few panels the panelists outnumbered the attendees, but as the con continued I think word got around and we ended up with a nice handful of people by the end of Saturday night. (Not surprisingly, our "The Battle of Sex" about sex in genre and writing sex and sexual tension was the most popular panel. It was also our last panel of the night and we were all a little silly by then.) The great thing about such a small group was the amount of interaction that was possible. We really got to chat with everyone and we were able to shape the discussions to what attendees wanted to talk about. I'd like to send a special shout out to Pat who attended every single panel and Debbie who started with us bright and early Saturday morning and hit almost every panel.

John, Faith, Misty, Elysabeth, Me, and Christina
Another plus to the con being small was the amount of time I had to spend with other guests. Many times you sit one or two panels with any given writer and you might catch a drink at some point, but your paths don't cross for extended periods. This con I had the opportunity both on and off panels to chat with Misty Massey and Faith Hunter, both of whom I already knew and liked (both for their work and as people) but who I really had time to become friends with over the course of the convention. I also met John Hartness and Elysabeth Willams, who were tremendous amounts of fun. I didn't get to chat with Chistiana Stiles as much as I would have liked as she was running games, but hopefully I'll get a chance to catch up with her at ConCarolinas in June. And speaking of other cons, I just received my schedule for StellarCon (which is only two weeks away) so I'll get that up on the blog Monday.

Well, I think I've rambled on long enough in this post. I hope the creative track at RoundCon will continue to grow, and that they will invite me back in the future. Thank you everyone who organized the event, and of course, everyone who attended and dropped by panels and/or the table to chat!

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GRAVE WAR is here!

The Revision Game, Part one--2nd drafts: The Big Picture

What's Next?