R.I.P. fish and Max

Since the fantasy worlds I write are not reality, I have to accept that all living things have to die.

Sometimes it's shocking and sometimes it's merciful, but it is always painful.

I woke up today to find my Beta floating upside down in his bowl. Yesterday I thought he had looked a little sick, and I guess I was right. He was around two years old, and I don't know what the average lifespan for a Beta is, but that sounds like a long time for a fish sold for two dollars in a plastic cup. I think my fish had a good life: he had a pretty bowl, was fed regularly, and liked to swim over and look at people.

Max was my mother-in-law's beagle. He was old and had been sick for a long time, but he was a sweet little dog. I got the call a couple hours ago to let me know that she had taken him to be put down. It wasn't that surprising, she had tried to take him a few times before, but always turned around before she got to the vet. It is still sad though.

Rest in peace fish and Max. You both will be missed.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I got a beta a few months ago for my daughter. I think that they live 2-3 years. I thought that he was getting sick but he seems better now!

Popular posts from this blog

GRAVE WAR is here!

What's Next?

GRAVE DANCE Contest and extended excerpt!