Those elusive words are around the bend

Let me start this by going ahead and splashing the progress meter up:

Current Progress: GW
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
74,824 / 80,000
(94.8%)


As you can see, I'm just an inch above 5k from hitting the goal. Now I'll be honest, at this point I'm not sure if the first draft will end up a little over or a little under that 80k goal, but I'm thrilled to see such a tiny sliver left. I'm even more thrilled that I reached the climax scene while writing at lunch today. I was neck deep in the final confrontation between the MC and the 'bad guy' when the little 'ding' sounded reminding me to run (no time left for a casual stroll) back to work.

So, I know it won't be long now until I'll be writing those two little, elusive words at the bottom of the MS. I can't wait!

Have a great day everyone!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I've been out of the loop. You seem to be making great progress on something that you are writing, but I don't know what it is. See what I get for dropping off the face of the earth?
Kalayna Price said…
Hey Fred, welcome back to the blogosphere!
Yes, I moving forward on my current WIP, which is the novel I started during NaNo. (I know, I know, it's sad--50k in November, and 25k total in the three months following. But, it is getting somewhere. ^_^)

So what have you been up to? Are you writing currently? I believe you were working on a fantasy series last I heard,

I hope you're doing well! Thanks for stopping by.
Anonymous said…
I'm doing good. I have one novel in the can, but I still think that it needs some work. I put it away for a bit. It needs some rest, lol.

I'm working on something new now, which is kind of a modern day fantasy. I'm still working out the details.

You seem to be moving along fine. Stop by my blog when you need a break!

Popular posts from this blog

GRAVE WAR is here!

The Revision Game, Part one--2nd drafts: The Big Picture

What's Next?