Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Those elusive words are around the bend

Let me start this by going ahead and splashing the progress meter up:

Current Progress: GW
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
74,824 / 80,000

As you can see, I'm just an inch above 5k from hitting the goal. Now I'll be honest, at this point I'm not sure if the first draft will end up a little over or a little under that 80k goal, but I'm thrilled to see such a tiny sliver left. I'm even more thrilled that I reached the climax scene while writing at lunch today. I was neck deep in the final confrontation between the MC and the 'bad guy' when the little 'ding' sounded reminding me to run (no time left for a casual stroll) back to work.

So, I know it won't be long now until I'll be writing those two little, elusive words at the bottom of the MS. I can't wait!

Have a great day everyone!


Fred Charles said...

I've been out of the loop. You seem to be making great progress on something that you are writing, but I don't know what it is. See what I get for dropping off the face of the earth?

Kalayna-Nicole Price said...

Hey Fred, welcome back to the blogosphere!
Yes, I moving forward on my current WIP, which is the novel I started during NaNo. (I know, I know, it's sad--50k in November, and 25k total in the three months following. But, it is getting somewhere. ^_^)

So what have you been up to? Are you writing currently? I believe you were working on a fantasy series last I heard,

I hope you're doing well! Thanks for stopping by.

Fred Charles said...

I'm doing good. I have one novel in the can, but I still think that it needs some work. I put it away for a bit. It needs some rest, lol.

I'm working on something new now, which is kind of a modern day fantasy. I'm still working out the details.

You seem to be moving along fine. Stop by my blog when you need a break!