CRW

I managed to drag myself to the CRW meeting today and I am so glad I did.
I enjoyed the LRWA when I attended their meeting, but the CRW meeting just blew me away. I will definitely be joining their chapter.

What helped me make the choice?
Well,
-CRW has a larger group with a much more diverse set of writers including other fantasy writers.
-CRW has two workshops every month at the meeting as opposed to LRWA’s one
-and CRW has a critique group.

I was happy with both meetings I attended, and everyone I talked to was wonderfully nice, but right now I think CRW can offer me more of what I need at this point in my career. (hah…like I have a writing career…) The only thing I’m a little afraid of with CRW is that since it is such a large group, there might be ‘cliques’ of writers. I’ve noticed that happens when you get more than a handful of people. But we will see. All that is left this year is the Christmas party, which I probably won’t attend, but I can’t wait for meetings to start up in January so I can officially join. (I need to go ahead and join the RWA now too.)

Oh on a side note… not so much on the Nano progress today. My hubby and I had to leave the house at 9 something this morning to make the 11:30 meeting. CRW wrapped up by 3pm, but Hubby and I decided to hit the mall since we were in a major city so by the time we did that, ate some dinner, and drove back home it was already 8pm. Not so conducive to writing massive amounts.

Comments

Rachel Vincent said…
Oh, I'm glad you found a group you like! I hope it works out. And that it's not clique-y. I hate cliques. It's a resentment left over from highschool. ;-)
Rebecca said…
Well I'm glad you found a writting group that fits you better, though I couldn't help but route for LRWA.
Kalayna Price said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kalayna Price said…
Thanks Rachel. I think it was the fact there were several tables but none with all the seats taken that made me think of cliques. Everyone I actually talked to was really nice, so hopefully it won't be clique-y.

Hey Becca *hugs* I'll try to be a better friend and actually come down and visit despite not going to the meetings. (Who knows, maybe I'll join both...)

Popular posts from this blog

GRAVE WAR is here!

The Revision Game, Part one--2nd drafts: The Big Picture

What's Next?