Refueling

Well, I passed the halfway point for Nano and the quarter point for my own personal goal today. I know some people write faster, but I'm pretty happy with making 25k in 10 days. The last few days I have been slowing down though. Not only have I not met my 3k a day goal in the last two days, but my words per hour have dropped as well.

The problem with Nano and trying to write in such a tight deadline is that I don't get a lot of time to take care of my muse. Ten days stuck in my head without any outside release has started to get to her, so I stopped by the bookstore and picked up Jenna Black's Watchers in the Night.

I discovered Jenna's website before the book came out and read the first chapter online, so I've been looking forward to its release. More recently I learned that she is a member of the local RWA chapter I intend to join, so now I'm doubly excited about reading it. I lack self control when it comes to reading, and typically finish a book in a single sitting, so my current wordcount is probably it for today.

Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
25,130 / 95,000
(26.5%)


Off to refuel now!

UPDATE:
I finished the book and it was awesome. She set it up for a sequel and I can't wait to read more!

Comments

Rachel Vincent said…
Ha! You and I have the same daily goal. And Jenna and I have the same agent.

What a day for coincidences. ;-)
Kalayna Price said…
LoL! Coincidence on the agent, not quite as much on the word count.

I have an excel program I use to track my work. When I decided my writing goal for the month, I keyed it in and the program told me how many words I needed to write per day to achieve it. When it popped out the number 3k I grimaced, but then thought "Well, Rachel does 3k consistently; surely I can do that for a single month. And who knows, maybe it will start a good habit."
...
I've made the goal 4 out of 10 days. (less than half *whimper*)
Now the program tells me I need to write 3.5k a day to keep on track. *sigh*
Anonymous said…
I'm slowling sinking with Nano, as you know. I was only able to churn out about 700 forced words yesterday. My drive to write is high but my ideas are completely gone. I'm still going to plug away for a few more days. I'd hate to give up at this point.

Popular posts from this blog

GRAVE WAR is here!

The Revision Game, Part one--2nd drafts: The Big Picture

What's Next?