Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

I went to see the new Harry Potter movie at the IMAX this weekend. I usually go to the opening night show of the Harry Potter movies, in full costume with all my friends (and we usually make the paper) but with the new job, I decided staying out all night to see a movie was a bad plan. So, I went Charleston to see it on a five story screen Saturday (with the big fight scene in 3D--very cool.)
I won't give away any spoilers, but I will say I think they did a very good job. Certain things were left out and changed of course (how else can you reduce a 1000 page book into a 2 1/2 hour movie) but for the die hard fans, a lot of subtle things were left in if you pay attention.
If the story has J. K. Rowling's seal of approval, the movie does eliminate some possibilities for outcomes in the final book (which will hit stores midnight Friday.) Up until now, I have managed to avoid the Harry Potter fever over the 7th book's release that has infected a lot of my friends, but after seeing the 5th movie, I admit, I'm starting to feel that anxious itch over the coming release.

So anyone else clearing this Saturday's schedule to read the 7th book? What are your theories about how the Potter-world saga will end? (Please mark comment *spoiler* if you discuss theories on the final book to protect those reading who might not have picked up the series. Thank you.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GRAVE WAR is here!

The Revision Game, Part one--2nd drafts: The Big Picture

What's Next?