It's my birthday, I can hoop if I wanna

Well, today ends a year for me and begins another. Because my birthday is so close to the first of the year, there isn't much point doing a wrap up. Basically, if you've been following along, my highlights and accomplishments are the same as my New Year post, A year in review with, of course, the addition of TWICE DEAD's release, ONCE BITTEN topping Amazon's Fantasy List over the holidays, and Twice Dead hitting #2 on Fictionwise's Dark fantasy list. (okay, maybe quite a bit has happened in the last two months.)

Outside of my writing career beginning to, well, begin, one of the major influences/changes in my life this year was hoop dance. I talk about hooping quite a bit on twitter, and occasionally here on the blog, but today I decided to take a look at a visual archive of my year. I don't turn my camera on near far enough (perhaps a goal for this year) but, I found I did have several clips, which I compiled here for my your entertainment.

My first year of hoop dancing! Enjoy!

Comments

Simon said…
WOW!! :o That looks amazing!
Elise said…
Happy birthday! I just got your book in the mail today too! I'm so excited to read it! :)
Anonymous said…
Whoa. You look like an old pro at that. The glow/lighted hoops are my favorite. Was it hard learning to hoop with a hoop that was somewhat on fire? (With my talent I would somehow set my clothes on fire...)
Also, the whole using your shoulder... awesome!

I finally got Twice Dead yesterday! It's so good! I want to savor it but it's so hard to put it down!
Tyhitia Green said…
Happy birthday! Loved the hooping video. :-D
Kalayna Price said…
Thanks Simon!

I hope you enjoy it Elise!

Thanks Scape-graces! The trick to hooping with fire is not to touch the part that is burning. ^_^ So far I've singed a little hair, but I haven't burnt myself. The fire hoops are heavier, and some tricks just aren't possible, but if you can hoop, you can probably fire hoop. (Never do it without a safety present or if you haven't had anyone instruct you on fire safety. **yes, this is my don't-try-this-at-home speech. ^_~)

Thanks Tyhitia! I'm so bummed we couldn't meet up yesterday, but there will be other occasions.
Anonymous said…
Happy belated birthday. Hope you enjoyed the day.
Anonymous said…
Happy belated birthday! I'm soooo sorry I couldn't wish you earlier (I was so busy with school work *stupid high school*) Your hoop dancing is AMAZING! I couldn't believe that this was your first year! You looks like you'd been doing this your whole life! Hope you b-day turned out awesome!

Popular posts from this blog

GRAVE WAR is here!

The Revision Game, Part one--2nd drafts: The Big Picture

What's Next?