Ever notice a cat's head splits open 180° when they yawn?

Um, yeah. This post actually has nothing to do with cats.

I dropped and email to my agent with a summery of my revisions. She was very excited and told me to ship her several copies. Time to go buy more paper. I told her I’d have a couple copies in the mail by the end of the week. That gives me two more days to write a new (or at least amend my original) synopsis. I should also print out a hard copy of DH and read over it. I’m absolutely incapable of noticing missing words (or extra words) on a computer screen.

Does anyone know a good way to ship multiple manuscripts? A single manuscript ships well in a padded envelop, but I’ve yet to find a good box to ship say four manuscripts. (Which was what I shipped out last time.)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi Kalayna!

I hope you don't mind me dropping in. I'm also a client of Holly's, and I ran across your blog while doing one of those I'm-so-bored-at-work-I'll-Google-people-I-know-and-see-what-I-find search.

In answer to your question, just ship the manuscripts in an ordinary box. I usually bind each one with a large rubber band, then wrap it in a clean grocery bag before it goes in the box. No one has ever complained. *grin*
Rachel Vincent said…
Yes. When I was shipping mms last year, my agent told me to go to Office Depot and ask for one of the empty boxes their reams of paper come in. They're the perfect size to stack more paper in, naturally.

But then, I shipped six copies, not four, so it might be a bit big for what you want.
Kalayna Price said…
Hi Misty! Thanks for stopping by. I think that sounds like great advice. I might end up combining it with Rachel's suggestion.

Hey Rachel, I'll have to drop by Office Depot and see how big those boxes are. Thanks for the idea!

Popular posts from this blog

GRAVE WAR is here!

The Revision Game, Part one--2nd drafts: The Big Picture

What's Next?