Happy New Year!

Another year gone forever. It's hard to believe. Hopefully 2007 will be my year and an editor will take interest in my work, but that's really out of my hands, so not something I can make a New Years resolution of.


Okay, my goals for this year:

• Finish the draft of CD and get it polished.
• Write and at least begin to polish a second manuscript
• Begin a third manuscript

Last year I think I devoted far too much down time to editing. I took months out of writing to edit when I should have been doing both at the same time. This year I plan to do better.

Also, the smaller step goals. I plan to:
• Write a minimum of 10-15k words a week
• Paint at least once a week
• Find and become active in a critique group.

Well, I think that’s it. I’d resolve to start exercising regularly or such, but I know I can’t keep a goal like that. I don’t fully remember all my goals from last year. I know I met some of them (I edited DH, sent it out, and even snagged my very own agent; and I got a painting into a show) but I think I also planned to have a new manuscript by the end of the year, and I only have half of one. (half of two?) Maybe writing down this year’s goals (and making myself accountable by publishing them out here for the world to see) will help me keep them.

Well here goes. The year is starting, and superstition says that what you do today is a predictor of how and what your year will be!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Good luck with your writing goals. It's good that you know what you have to accomplish throughout the year. I look forward to reading about your progress.
Kalayna Price said…
Thanks Fred!
I hope to hear your plans are progressing as well. Good luck!

Popular posts from this blog

GRAVE WAR is here!

The Revision Game, Part one--2nd drafts: The Big Picture

What's Next?