StellarCon 2011 and an Author Chat With Marcia Colette

Hey everyone. I'm back from StellarCon and I have a sack of updates to share with you, but I think I'll have to spread them out across the week. For today I just want to direct your attention to my brand new fan page over on Facebook. Please take a second to check it out and "Like" it if you're a facebook user. I'm still getting information up on the page and working out the kinks, but my hope that it will not only be a great place to find out what is happening with me but also to connect with other urban fantasy and paranormal romance readers. I've added a discussion board to the page, so we will see what happens.

Okay, back to the con update. I had an absolutely amazing time at StellarCon. The convention included a lot of firsts for me. My first reading you've seen already, but my other first for a con experience was even more exciting. What was it, you're asking? Well, (to my knowledge) this was the very first con I've been to where I signed books not sold at the event.

Don't get me wrong, I'm always excited when people see me on panels and decide they want to read my books. The fact someone thinks that I said something interesting enough for them to take a chance on my books is awesome. I only hope they enjoy the book when they get home. When someone brings a book from home, one they enjoyed enough to carry to a con and track down the author to get it signed--well, that was definitely a first for me, and definitely an extra thrill! (Special shout out to Larry and to Tom!)

Another first for me was participating in Tony Ruggiero's "Quick Write" session which challenged the participating writers to create a story about a werewolf gigolo in walmart and another about Todd McCaffery involving the Hover Dam and Sexbots. The results were hilarious, to say the least.

Well, there is more to say about the weekend and the con, but I'm going to save it for a future post and wrap up with a vlog author chat!

That's right, I took my camcorder with me to the con, and I managed to pin down a couple of the guests for interviews, so over the course of the week, I'll post those interviews here. First up, we have an chat with Marcia Colette. This chat was filmed during our signing in the dealer's room, so the background noise is pretty bad. Sorry about that. (Oh, and we aren't really ignoring people--I promise!)


Happy Monday everyone, and be sure to check back later this week for another video interview!

Comments

Tyhitia Green said…
Great interview, guys. :-D Wish I could have been there. I will be at Con Carolinas though.

And no picking at me this year. :-P```
Kalayna Price said…
I can't wait to see you at ConCarolinas, Tyhitia! As far at the picking, you were yawning at our panels, what did you expect?! ^_~
*hugs*
Marcia Colette said…
OMG! I missed my interview posting. *sigh* I need to go into corrective action (FB, Twitter, etc.) tonight. :-)
Kalayna Price said…
Ack! Marcia, that was my fault! I didn't send you the link. Sorry! I did tag you facebook though, so it should be showing up on your page there.

Popular posts from this blog

GRAVE WAR is here!

The Revision Game, Part one--2nd drafts: The Big Picture

What's Next?